Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Psalm 139 – Wednesday, May 26

Just this last Sunday, one of my biggest desires was to convince someone that their prayers were taken very personal. It is often too easy to view God as a distant Diety rather than an intimate Father. This causes our prayers to be more like a task rather than relational. There is value in the confidence of God’s desire for personal relationship.

 

That is why I love passages like Psalm 139. Apply these phrases to yourself and your Father God.

“O Lord, You have searched me and known me - You understand my thought from afar - And are intimately acquainted with all my ways - If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me”

 

Bonus result:

When I am convinced of God’s proximity, I then expect Him to take advantage of momentary encounters with those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. jd