Monday, May 31, 2021

1 Kings 3-4 – May 31, 2021

I am amazed to see the humility of the beginnings of such a great man and example in the Bible.

3:7 Now, O Lord my God, You have made Your servant king in place of my father David, yet I am but a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in.

 

Solomon’s humility gained him even more blessings than he asked for.

It will be interesting also, to see how fame and fortune encouraged self-reliance, which is the opposite of humility.  When we can trust in our own abilities to provide, we may lose the need to trust in God for provisions.

 

Matthew 18:4 Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

 

Matthew 23:12 Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. jd