Friday, June 11, 2021

June 11, 2021 – 1 Kings 5-6

I am highlighting what the Lord says to Solomon in 6:11-13, “11 Now the word of the Lord came to Solomon saying, 12 “Concerning this house which you are building, if you will walk in My statutes and execute My ordinances and keep all My commandments by walking in them, then I will carry out My word with you which I spoke to David your father. 13 I will dwell among the sons of Israel, and will not forsake My people Israel.”

 

It seems that on occasion, Christians tend to forget the covenantal aspect of our relationship with God. “If you keep your part of the covenant, I’ll keep my part.”

 

Salvation, thankfully is very free, but Christianity may cost us. Jesus is very clear about this and does not portray Christianity as a “seeker friendly” religion – loving, yes, but accountable.

 

Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.

 

Luke 9:62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. jd